The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Talent Acquisition Executive Search Partner is responsible for formulating the development of and implementing, search strategies for active and passive candidates for all senior leadership positions in the organization (executive, director and senior manager level). This person engages in a consultative role and in this regard extensively interacts with hiring leaders to understand hiring needs for senior-level talent, and provides guidance on realistic expectations for acquiring such talent, and what the available level of talent is likely to be. This person exercises discretion and independent judgment to identify possible matches of talent, and later recommends which candidate(s) best fits the criteria developed in consultation between the Executive Search Partner and the hiring leader for these key decision-making roles in the organization.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult and provide guidance to hiring leaders concerning full lifecycle recruitment, including identifying position(s), determining job specifications, developing sourcing strategy, assessing talent, recommending candidates for hire, negotiating offer, and closing acceptance.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in formulate search methodology and sources of potential candidates (e.g., proprietary database systems), and identify target pool of candidates through independent analysis and screening of prospective candidates.
- Provide guidance to hiring manager relative to market salary data, organizational development opportunities (internal employees), and potential target pool of candidates, as well as which candidates on which to focus.
- Make recommendations for hiring from pool of candidates from pool of talent identified and gathered by Executive Search Partner.
- Partner with hiring leaders, review business plans to effectively prioritize recruiting activities to meet business needs.
- Consult with hiring leader to establish job specifications, qualifications and a realistic skills profile and establishing candidate ranking criteria in light of market conditions and available pools of talent, as known to Executive Search Partner, and based on exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
- Develop and implement appropriate talent acquisition strategy to reach and attract a diverse pool of high quality candidates.
- Review information provided by prospective talent, and assesses written qualification versus job specifications for appropriate skill sets to qualify or disqualify candidates.
- Conducts pre-screening interviews based on criteria developed specifically for that role or position.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate candidates against job requirements, and criteria jointly established through consultation with hiring leader, engage candidates on the opportunity and select best qualified candidates for the hiring leader.
- Make recommendation to hiring manager regarding appropriate offer(s) in light of market conditions.
- Negotiate offers with candidates.
- Conduct independent research to gain full understanding of market internal business client operates within to ensure correct search methodology, including the source(s) of potential talent is formulated.
- Develops an individualized 360 degree approach based on critical thinking skills to identifying potential candidates from advertising, database mining, cold-calling, industry networking, and referral sources to include a full, diverse scope of potential candidates for each individual job sourced.
- Reflective problem solving and thoughtful decision making skills are required to, among other things, build individual search strategies.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ years of experience in professional level recruiting including Senior Managers, Director, and Executive levels
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).