The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue Budget Achievement
- Assist Business Development Manager in achieving the Company’s income and expense budgets by ensuring all marketing strategies are implemented.
- Increase sales through efficient management of promotional spending within Client guidelines.
Client Quota Achievement
- Meet or exceed clients’ goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving, and promotional volume by working with all related departments for assigned Customer.
Client KPI’s Achievement
- Monitor all retail pricing and indirect order guides within the division by regularly reporting discrepancies to appropriate Business Development Managers.
- Secure Client approved schematics for all clients’ brands by providing communication to our schematic, reset, and retail departments.
Existing SKU Achievement
- Ensure incremental sales through distribution of new products and maintenance of existing SKU’s.
- Demonstrate sales accomplishments and areas of opportunity by coordinating in sales presentations for key Customers and Clients.
- Sell business-building ideas to Customers through the use of syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, IRI data, Spectra, and forms of demographic data).
Forecast Planning Achievement
- Achieve incremental growth by pursuing volume-producing merchandising at assigned Customer account.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 40%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Sales presentation/platform skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of syndicated data helpful.
- PC skills-This includes an understanding of spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word).
- One to three year’s work experience in applicable field, (i.e. sales and marketing agency, Customer, Client).
- Proven track record in sales helpful.
- Presentation software (PowerPoint) helpful, but not required.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time)