The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Space Planning Associate works directly with Company’s customers by analyzing shelving data and building planograms in a way that best fits client/customer’s objectives. Responsible for the efficient and effective managing of assigned categories. Expected to be tactically sound and strategic in plan development. This position can be located in-house with the customer or work remotely as outlined by customer.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems, and make adjustments as needed to meet deadlines
- Support retailers and/or clients POG development throughout defined category review process or client initiatives
- Communicate business opportunities and recommend action plans by working with clients, customers, and/or Business Development Managers
- Organize information by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data
- Executes test sets in set room
- Determine and quantify primary business opportunities and key drivers as they pertain to shelving
- Support key business opportunities by recommending merchandising/assortment solutions based on applicable data
- Prioritize optimal assortment and/or shelving information to support the goals of our clients, customers, and company
- Evaluate the reliability of source information by weighing raw data and organizing results for analysis
POG Data Collection
- Provide planogram information for clients, customers, and/or Business Development Managers through the use of syndicated or customer-specific data sources
- Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining appropriate movement/performance data selection such as share of shelf, days of supply, pack out, etc.
- Maintain information inputs in Company’s proprietary POG Analysis tools
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
Tavel up to 25%
Minimum QualificationsThe following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in merchandising and planogram development skills
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Analytical and research Skills
- Working knowledge of syndicated data and applications
- Strong merchandising and planogram development skills
- Basic understanding of category management
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong prioritization skills
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Team building Skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Experience using planogram software (JDA Space Planning, Apollo, Spaceman, etc.)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).