The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
- Provide effective leadership and management to team in assigned geographic market by interviewing and hiring candidates, on-boarding and training new associates, managing performance and career development, managing conflict and personnel issues, and providing coaching, mentoring, and support.
- Develop a strong understanding of business model, including but not limited to Supplier and Retailer details and expectations, and the specific details of the set/project work processes.
- Act as the primary interface with Suppliers and Retailers in assigned market to establish and manage business partnerships and generate new business.
- Direct and manage set/project work in market to completion, on time, and with high quality results, and ensure Supplier and Retailer expectations are being met.
- Partner with Retailer to initiate new project requests.
- Manage retail billing for Retailer mandates.
- Provide direction and support to team to include business best practices and Retailer cycle requirements/instructions.
- Partner with team to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss schedules and changes, meet goals and expectations, and build an effective working relationship.
- Report and discuss observations, issues, and business solutions with Company Leadership.
- Effectively and accurately work with various applications to develop and initiate set/project work, develop and distribute set/project work documentation and information, maintain profiles and assign set/project work, monitor progress and status of set/project work, record and manage work mileage, work expenses, and work time and attendance, and complete and manage training activities.
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned set/project work and team.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 25%
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major (e.g. Marketing, Business Administration or related field)
- 8+ Years of experience in progressive management/supervisory experience
- Prior broker, Retail, Retailer Service or Merchandising experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Strong Prioritizing Skills
- Ability to Develop Strategic Plans to Grow Business
- Team Building Skills
- Research & Analysing Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).